Upper Hudson Peace Action works to end wars and prevent new wars through education and public witness. We seek to abolish nuclear weapons. We support human rights, economic justice and international cooperation. Located in New York’s Capital District, we sponsor speakers, organize demonstrations, screen films, pass out leaflets, circulate petitions and address elected officials.
Upper Hudson Peace Action’s nine affiliated Branches (click on links for more information):
- Bethlehem Neighbors for Peace
- Chatham Neighbors for Peace
- Guilderland Neighbors for Peace
- Pine Hills Neighbors for Peace
- Saratoga Peace Alliance
- Schenectady Neighbors for Peace
- Southern Rensselaer Neighbors for Peace
- Palestinian Rights Committee
- UAlbany Peace Action
- Sign up to be on the Upper Hudson Peace Action email list to get newsletter announcements of events: http://peaceact.net/contact-us/
- Support the refugees in our area:
- help out USCRI Albany http://refugees.org/field-office/albany/
- Get involved politically:
- Support environmental action: Stand up for Standing Rock:NoDAPL
- Support anti-nuclear activities: Living on the Nuclear Brink: see William J Perry’s detailed talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MXLuYWaoAg
-the largest membership peace group in the United States.
Click on the link for more information on our overall organization.
We are also one of 18 chapters of
Peace Action New York State (PANYS)
–From Buffalo to NYC, PANYS is a vibrant peace organization, with varied activies to model after and to take part in.
For information on issues— click on these links:
- Carbon-free Energy
- Gender-based Violence
- Indian Point
- No War with Iran
- Nuclear Weapons
- Move the Money
- Vote Peace
We work in cooperation with other peace and justice groups in our area.